In this article we will try to understand basics of air cooler which commonly called as desert cooler. Evaporative coolers are economical way of cooling. It is commonly use in large areas like factory, bus stop, lawn, hospital, marriage hall etc. It has many advantages over air conditioning unit. In this article we will try to understand different parts of desert cooler and functions of each part. Also we will try to understand working of evaporative cooler.
HOW EVAPORATIVE COOLERS WORK.
Working principle of an evaporative portable air coolers is simple. It consisting you Fan, Fan motor, Cooling Pad, Pump and controller. Fan is attached directly to motor which sucks air through cooling pad. Pump continuously drops water at top of cooling pad so that cooling pad always wet and water film get form at cooling pad. Controller controls motor and fan. From controller one can switch on/off air cooler, set speed, switch on/off pump, set timer etc.
Working: When you switch on air cooler, fan motor start rotating and so as fan. Fan sucks air from back side which passes through wet pad. As mentioned before pump continually pours water on tope of pad due to which pad get wet and water film get formed at pad. Hot Air passing though wet pad get in touch with water in pad and looses it’s thermal energy instantly which leads to drop in temperature of hot air and cold air get pushed by fan. In many desert cooler design in steady of cooling pad desert cool rediators are get use. To reduce temperature of air from desert cooling system, two pads are get use in some designs which called as Two stage Evaporative cooler.
Advantages of Evaporative Desert cooler.
As mentioned before evaporative type desert air cooler has many advantages. Major advantages as follow:
- Low Running cost: Evaporative air cooler has 90% less operating cost than that of traditional refrigerant air conditioner.
- Low Electricity Power requirement: Desert air cooler take low power than air conditioner.
- Lower Peak Energy Requirement: Evaporative coolers has lower peak energy requirement which will give benefit of low cost wiring and these cooler can be use with solar energy also.
- Desert cooler air conditioning has low maintenance cost than refrigerant type air conditioner.
- Portable evaporative air coolers are more environment friendly than refrigerant type of air conditioner.